Throughout his highly rewarding career, Scott has demonstrated passion for growing businesses from start-ups to public companies, having built / served on leadership teams in many different capacities across several high-growth companies (including 2 IPOs). At this point he is fulfilling his Purpose to have MEANINGFUL IMPACT helping entrepreneurial CEOs (and their leadership teams) who are passionate about growth to successfully scale their businesses through coaching, serving on boards, and mentoring in accelerator programs.
- CEO and leadership team business growth coaching
- Scaling Up - Business Growth Framework
- 3HAG - Strategic Execution System
- Helping clients develop a harmonious culture of accountability
- Functional depth in Strategy, Business Development, Sales,
Marketing, and Product
- Significant industry experience across Telecom, Media and Technology
- Success developing businesses in the United States and Asia (including
Mainland China, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea and Singapore)
- MBA / JD with emphasis in Finance - UCLA Anderson / UCLA School of
- BA, Economics - UC Berkeley
- Chinese Language Certificate - Shanghai Jiao Tong University
- Scaling Up Mastering the Rockefeller Habits 2.0 Certified
- Asia-centric senior executive turned coach
- Success building, leading, and growing multinational businesses
ranging from start-ups to large public companies
- 20+ years building businesses in Asia, including 15+ years on the ground
- 25+ years working across several verticles in the Telecom, Media and
Technology (TMT) space
- Strategy consulting in top tier firms including McKinsey, Deloitte
Consulting and Gallup
- MBA (finance) and JD (law) degrees, both applied throughout career
- Fully conversational in Mandarin Chinese with basic reading / writing
- Frequent speaker / moderator / panelist in industry and leadership
forums / conferences
With over 25 years of strategy, business development, sales, marketing, product and consulting experience primarily in the Internet, digital media and technology space, Scott has been successful at developing businesses in the United States and Asia (including Mainland China, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea and Singapore). Doing business in Asia since 1999 and living in China since 2005, his experience includes senior executive roles in public companies, start-ups, and global consultancies.
In 2017, Scott’s career focus turned to business coaching, delivering MEANINGFUL IMPACT helping entrepreneurial CEOs (and their leadership teams) who are passionate about growth to successfully scale their businesses. He also serves on multiple advisory boards; is a founding board member of Kehilat Shanghai (a dynamic community of Jews from around the globe living in Shanghai); and is a volunteer mentor to start-ups in Chinaccelerator.
In his last operational executive role as Executive Vice President and China Managing Director for Thoughtful Media Group, Scott successfully launched China’s first and largest multi-channel network (MCN) of online video creators, which helped a roster of blue-chip brand clients to reach and influence consumer audiences. Earlier, as Partner in charge of Gallup Consulting’s Shanghai office, as Director of McKinsey’s Insights China, and as Senior Strategy Director, China for WPP’s Wunderman, he led organizations that helped Fortune 500 clients make key strategic decisions for their China businesses based on specific market and consumer intelligence.
Scott holds a BA in Economics from the University of California at Berkeley and he received both an MBA in finance and a JD from UCLA. He is fully conversational in Mandarin Chinese, and lives in Shanghai with his wife (who is a local entrepreneur building a children’s fashion brand) and young daughter. Beyond business, Scott likes to take both his girls on plenty of dates; he participates in marathons and triathlons, and likes to get out on the tennis court and golf course; and he serves as an amateur wine master in his local Beefsteak & Burgundy club.